Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How to clean copper with tomato ketchup

The amount of excitement I feel when I find uses for things currently in my home probably isn't healthy. However, I get to pass these fun and exciting tips onto you so it's worth it.

Imagine if you will my face when I found out that you can actually use tomato ketchup to clean copper. This is the best option in the world for me because I hate those expensive, stinky, eye-burning cleaners. Let's be honest nobody likes to have to cut lemons and dip them in salt either (I always have a mysterious cut that ends up burning).

So if you too would like to try the Tomato Ketchup Cleaning Experiment here is what you need:
Copper Item
Tomato Ketchup
Brush and/or Rag

1) Place your Tomato Ketchup into a small dish or pot (This will make it easier to get to)
2) Apply a very liberal amount of ketchup to the copper item
3) Leave the ketchup for 10-20 min. (I left mine the full 20 minutes)
4) Wipe clean and rinse with warm water

Try this at home and see how amazing your copper pots work. (Sometimes you might need to experiment with the amount of ketchup but once you get it right you won't ever purchase an expensive cleaner again!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment